Funding and grants
Partial payment towards training and coaching services for qualifying New Zealand businesses
If you are a small business based in New Zealand, you may qualify for NZTE's Capability Development Voucher Scheme, which pays up to 50% towards registered business capability services. As a registered service provider under the scheme, AJ Park offers voucher holders training courses and coaching services specifically designed to build the intellectual property management capability of SME owners, operators and key managers.
What training courses are eligible for a voucher?
The voucher gives qualifying companies partial 50% payment of the cost of registered training and coaching services offered by AJ Park. Through the scheme, businesses can access up to $5000 of funding per year.
At AJ Park's group training and one-on-one coaching sessions, you will learn skills to help you make good decisions about how to capture, use and manage your intellectual property to grow your business. The AJ Park programmes that are eligible for redemption of vouchers are:
- Commercialising intellectual property
- Developing an intellectual property roadmap
- Patent searching as a tool for business planning
- Using intellectual property rights as business tools
Who is eligible for a voucher?
To be eligible for a voucher towards the cost of training and coaching, your business must:
- have fewer than 50 FTE staff
- be registered for GST in New Zealand
- operate in a commercial environment
- be privately owned or a Māori Trust or Incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Māori assets under multiple ownership
- be assessed by an NZTE Regional Partner for evidence of a commitment of growth and improvement.
Please contact us for more information about how to find out if you can access these services.