Denis specialises in enforcing patents, in particular infringement, revocation and opposition procedures.
On a daily basis, Denis:
- advises and acts on opposition to patents in New Zealand and Australia including appearances at hearings
- conducts freedom to operate searches
- drafts and files patent specifications for New Zealand and multi-national clients
- prepares opinions on patent infringement and validity
- tutors New Zealand and Australian intellectual property law to trainee patent attorneys at
Denis has been involved in a number of successful patent enforcement cases for
multi-national pharmaceutical, animal health and crop protection companies. He has successfully handled oppositions for world-leading corporations before the intellectual property offices of both New Zealand and Australia.
Before joining AJ Park in 2003, Denis worked in the Wellington and Sydney offices of a large patent attorney firm.
Denis is the main editor of the joint New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise publication: "An Intellectual Property Guide for the Life Sciences in New Zealand" launched at the APEC Summit Meeting in March 2004.