James joined AJ Park in 2007 and specialises in all aspects of intellectual property law for chemical innovations.
On a daily basis, James:
- files and prosecutes patent applications
- drafts patent specifications
- makes patentability and freedom to operate searches
- advises on patent validity and infringement
- advises on patent filing strategies.
James has a first class honours degree in chemistry and a PhD in organic chemistry.
After his PhD, James was a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Auckland. He also did further postdoctoral research at the University of York, England.