Laura’s work involves:
- conducting patent novelty searches and advising on patentability
- preparing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications
- freedom-to-operate and infringement assessments
- design searches and advising on design registration
- filing and prosecuting design registrations
- advising on patent and design filing strategies.
Laura has experience working across a range of technologies and with a wide range of clients, including universities, research institutes, SMEs, start-ups, and individuals.
Laura has a first-class honours degree in mechanical engineering and a PhD in Bioengineering. Her PhD research related to wheelchair design and modelling wheelchair propulsion and strength characteristics among people with tetraplegia. Laura completed one year of her post-graduate studies at University of Bath in the United Kingdom.