Monday 23 March 2020
AJ Park's COVID-19 response plan
Updated: 29 May 2020
New Zealand moved to alert level 2 at 11:59pm on Wednesday 13 May. This means all businesses can open to customers if they can do it safely.
AJ Park have been operating a team A and B protocol since Monday 18 May. Team A are working in the office, and team B are working from home. At alert level 2, client meetings can be held in person at our offices. However, our preference is to continue to meet with our clients over the phone or via video conference as strict hygiene, social distancing and contact tracing measures will be put in place for anyone who visits our offices. We can also visit clients on site, if permitted under their protocols.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response plan or our services under alert level 2, please don't hesitate to contact me or one of our response team members below.
Updated: 4:20pm, 23 March 2020
The Prime Minister today, confirmed that the country has moved to COVID-19 level 3, and will move to level 4 from midnight Wednesday, for at least four weeks. The level 4 alert means that all AJ Park staff must work remotely from midnight Wednesday.
With the escalation of the COVID-19 pandemic globally and in line with the New Zealand Government’s advice to implement alternative work arrangements to help slow the spread of the virus in the community, AJ Park has made the decision to move our people to remote working, effective immediately.
While we are taking this measure to help protect the health and well-being of our people, our clients and our communities, we don’t anticipate any changes to the services you receive.
AJ Park has a comprehensive COVID-19 response plan and procedures in place, and we are committed to maintaining the high-quality services that you know and expect from us:
- Our priority is to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees and see to it that any operational changes will not impact client services.
- While working remotely, our people will continue to provide you with the high-quality services that you know and expect.
- We have robust IT systems, which have been tested and can sustain a remote workforce.
- You can still contact your usual firm contacts using the same phone numbers and same email address.
- All client meetings will be held virtually.
- Please avoid sending us courier packages or hard copy documents unless necessary.
- Our team is monitoring advice from IPONZ and IP Australia, and other IP offices, and will advise of any changes that may impact you.
The implementation of our remote working protocol is in addition to the following proactive steps we have already taken as part of our COVID-19 response plan:
- We continue to monitor guidance and advice from relevant government bodies and their medical experts and update our business response plan and procedures as required.
- We have activated our internal COVID-19 policies and procedures and will continue to monitor circumstances and update our policies and procedures accordingly and promptly.
- We have had travel restrictions in place since mid-February and these are continuously updated in line with Government advice.
This is an unprecedented time and we would like to assure you of our preparedness and our commitment to minimising disruption to our services. If you need more information or clarification on any of the above points, please don’t hesitate to contact me or one of our response team members below.