Dr Fiona Pringle
AJ Park Law Limited, Wellington
Fiona assists clients in patent and design matters, from filing through to grant, in New Zealand, Australia and overseas.
Fiona acts in all areas of patent and design prosecution, including in hearings before the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ) and in opposition proceedings. She also manages patent portfolios for clients based in New Zealand. Her focus is mainly on the life sciences, biotechnology and pharmaceutical areas, but Fiona also has experience with animal health and food and beverage technologies. In addition, Fiona assists clients with plant variety rights matters.
Fiona loves being involved at the forefront of technologies and innovations in areas that make a real difference.
Before joining Baldwins (now AJ Park) in 2005, Fiona was a science policy advisor working in the biotechnology area for a government department. She also spent three years as a research scientist at a university in the United States after completing her PhD in microbiology.
- BSc (Hons), University of Otago (1994)
- PhD (Microbiology), University of Otago (2000)
- LLB, Victoria University of Wellington (2012)
- Admitted as a Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)