AJ Park IP LImited, Auckland
Katherine is a trade mark specialist in our Auckland office. Katherine advises on all aspects of trade mark and related intellectual property law.
In her role at AJ Park, Katherine:
- conducts trade mark clearance searches and advises on availability
- files and prosecutes New Zealand and overseas trade mark applications
- manages local and international trade mark portfolios
- provides strategic branding advice
- advises on trade mark assignments and assignment recordal programmes
- conducts trade mark gap analyses
- advises on international trade mark filing programmes
- advises on trade mark opposition and revocation actions
- advises on trade mark enforcement
- advises on dispute resolution.
Katherine has worked with clients from a wide range of industry sectors, both in New Zealand and in the United Kingdom. These include the food and beverage sectors, banking, fitness, construction, entertainment, telecommunications, retail and manufacturing industries.
Katherine's career in intellectual property is extensive, with experience working in New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Prior to joining the trade mark team in Auckland in 2011, Katherine worked for a top-tier New Zealand commercial law firm in their intellectual property team.
Katherine also spent eight years working in London for a leading patent and trade mark firm before returning to New Zealand.
- BSc (Zoology) 1986
- MSc (Zoology) 1988
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney (United Kingdom)
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)