Date posted: 26/05/2023
Work type: Permanent, full time
Role type: Assistant
AJ Park currently have a full time, permanent opportunity for an Accounts Assistant reporting to the Finance Manager to join our highly regarded Finance team in our Wellington Office.
We are looking for a dynamic and efficient Accounts Assistant to part of the centralised IPH finance shared services team. The role will support the finance team to deliver the highest level of finance related services and contribute to the successful delivery of core operational and strategic objectives for the AJ Park business.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist with the setup and maintenance of e-billing clients in various online portals
- Work closely with Clients, Professionals and IT to create and troubleshoot e-billing issues
- Maintain online billing documentation and instruction manuals
- Receipting of trust payments and reconciliation of trust account
- Assist with trust related administration duties in the trust system and various reporting and reconciliation requirements
- Assist with accounts payable processing of overseas and local invoices
- Assist with supplier account reconciliations
- Provide support to the Collections and Accounts Receivable team
- Assist with external audit to provide relevant information to meet reporting obligations and other requirements in a timely manner
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as directed
Knowledge and Experience:
- Sound knowledge of Accounting concept
- Intermediate excel and word skills, experience with ERP systems and/or Microsoft D365 (finance systems) an advantage
- Well-developed communication skills (written/verbal)
- High level “customer service” approach (internal/external clients), striving to meet and exceed expectations and requirements of all stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise
- Ability to co-ordinate directed tasks/projects from commencement through to completion
- Ability to follow documented processes/procedures autonomously
- High level of initiative and ability to self-manage – the ability to set objectives and achieve goals within area of responsibility
- Team player that is adaptable and has a willingness to contribute to aspects of the finance team responsibilities
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and build a broad base
What’s in it for you?
Being part of a dynamic and inclusive team where you will gain fantastic experience and career development. We are not your typical law firm – we dress for our day, have a flat structure and collegial vibe where bringing your whole self to work is at the heart of who we are. We offer competitive remuneration along with benefits as follows:
- Great salary package
- Medical insurance
- Paid parental leave of up to 18 weeks plus 3 weeks partner leave
- Leave purchase scheme (up to 2 weeks)
- 1 day paid birthday leave
- Structured wellness program, including a paid wellness benefit
- Hybrid working as standard
- Structured professional development programs
- Social club
- Fresh fruit delivered daily and weekly morning tea
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
Who are we?
AJ Park is the IP Firm of choice in New Zealand and is part of the IPH Group of companies. We support our clients with intelligent action and are well respected both within the patent and trade mark profession and the clients we work with.
We offer a rewarding career, an inclusive community and team spirit and opportunities to develop technically and personally.
If you would like to work in a supportive and friendly environment, take this opportunity to join our award-winning firm.