Assistant – Patent (Engineering & IT)
Date posted: 25/08/2022
Work type: Full time
Role type: Assistant
A varied and interesting, hands-on support role assisting our industry leading Engineering & IT patents team in Auckland. The role is fast paced and part of a close knit and experienced team in our central city offices.
- Team diary and inbox management, prioritising and establishing reminders
- Creating standard letters and documents for distribution
- Filing patent applications in New Zealand and overseas and managing the associated deadlines and commitments
- Checking Notices of Acceptance
- Preparing letters for reporting to clients and drafting responses to IPONZ and IP Australia
- Client liaison – taking instructions, arranging meetings and client visits
- Updating information relating to clients and applications into in-house systems
- Proactive billing management - preparing client invoices, including entering time and standard charges
- Reviewing file charges and maintaining up to date billing processes
- Other administrative requirements as required
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated administrative experience within a high-volume environment
- Proficiency in desktop applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Ability to learn and navigate new systems
- Exceptional organisational skills including an ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet competing deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to think on your feet and anticipate next steps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and accountability
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
What’s in it for you?
Being part of a dynamic and inclusive team where you will gain fantastic experience and career development. We are not your typical law firm – we dress for our day, have a flat structure and collegial vibe where bringing your whole self to work is at the heart of who we are. We offer competitive remuneration along with benefits as follows:
- Great salary package
- Medical insurance
- Paid parental leave of up to 18 weeks plus 3 weeks partner leave
- Leave purchase scheme (up to 2 weeks)
- 1 day paid birthday leave
- Structured wellness programme, including a paid Wellness Benefit
- Hybrid working as standard
- Structured professional development programmes
- Social club
- Fresh fruit delivered daily and weekly morning tea
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
Who are we?
AJ Park is the IP Firm of choice in New Zealand. We support our clients with intelligent action and are well respected both within the patent and trade mark profession and the clients we work with.
We offer a rewarding career, an inclusive community and team spirit and opportunities to develop technically and personally.
Find out more about us here.