Assistant - Patents
Date posted: 29/07/2022
Work type: Permanent, full time
Role type: Assistant
AJ Park is New Zealand’s largest intellectual property (IP) law firm. We help companies and individuals identify, develop, protect, commercialise, manage and enforce their IP rights in New Zealand, Australia and throughout the world. Our clients range from entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs, to government institutions, multinationals and major listed companies across 130 countries.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person with a minimum of 2 years’ administrative or secretarial experience for a varied and interesting, hands-on support role assisting our industry leading Engineering & IT patents team in Wellington. The role is fast paced and part of a close knit and experienced team in our central city offices.
- Team diary and inbox management, prioritising and establishing reminders
- Creating standard letters and documents for distribution
- Filing patent applications in New Zealand and overseas and managing the associated deadlines and commitments
- Checking Notices of Acceptance
- Preparing letters for reporting to clients and drafting responses to IPONZ and IP Australia
- Client liaison – taking instructions, arranging meetings and client visits
- Updating information relating to clients and applications into in-house systems
- Proactive billing management - preparing client invoices, including entering time and standard charges
- Reviewing file charges and maintaining up to date billing processes
- Other administrative requirements as required
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated administrative experience within a high-volume environment
- Proficiency in desktop applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Ability to learn and navigate new systems
- Exceptional organisational skills including an ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet competing deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to think on your feet and anticipate next steps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and accountability
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
What’s in it for you?
- Great salary package
- Wellness benefit
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working
- Social club
- Fresh fruit delivered daily and weekly morning tea
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
- Central city location
You will have the opportunity to work across different levels in the organisation and make an impact with the work you will be doing. You will have exposure to some pretty cool subject matter created by some brilliant and creative minds in different industries. If you’re looking for an interesting opportunity that offers growth and development and has a great culture, then this is the role for you.
Who are we?
AJ Park is the IP Firm of choice in New Zealand. We support our clients with intelligent action and are well respected both within the patent profession and the clients we work with. We offer a rewarding career, community and team spirit and opportunities to develop technically and personally.
If you would like to work in a supportive and friendly environment, take this opportunity to join our award-winning firm.