Associate - Commercial
Date posted: 26/05/2022
Work type: Hybrid – Wellington based, full-time
Role type: Associate
We are seeking a motivated and experienced solicitor with 4+ years PQE to join the commercial practice at AJ Park in Wellington. Experience in IP is advantageous but not critical in this role, as you will have the opportunity learn from the best in the industry.
Associates at AJ Park help clients to navigate the best path to enforce their intellectual property (IP) rights or assist them in dealing with any challenge by third parties involving IP rights.
You will have exceptional communication skills, with the ability to think commercially and critically when providing advice for clients. You will exhibit a strong commitment to your own professional development and expanding your IP expertise.
- Receives and responds to requests for commercial law advice
- Reviews, drafts and advises on various commercial agreements
- Provides commercial law advice on agreements and other commercial issues
- Provides commercial advice to AJ Park mutual clients
- Prepares and maintains template agreements
- Meets financial targets – day book, WIP, debtors, billable and non-billable hours
- Proactively manages client relationships
- Provides guidance to junior and assistant team members
Marketing and business development
- Acts as an ambassador for the firm, contributing to business development and building the AJ Park profile.
- Authors articles on relevant topics, presents at relevant industry events where required
What’s in it for you?
- Great salary package
- Competitive incentive plan
- Wellness benefit
- Medical insurance
- Leave purchase scheme (up to 2 weeks)
- Structured professional development programmes
- Hybrid working
- Social club
- Fresh fruit delivered daily and weekly morning tea
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
You will have the opportunity to work across different levels in the organisation and make an impact with the work you will be doing. You will have exposure to some fascinating subject matter created by some brilliant and creative minds in different industries.
If you’re looking for an interesting opportunity that offers growth and career development and has a great culture, then this is the role for you.
Who are we?
We are not your typical law firm. We dress for our day, have a flat structure and a collegial vibe where bringing your whole self to work is at the heart of who we are.
AJ Park is the IP Firm of choice in New Zealand. We support our clients with intelligent action and are well respected both within the patent profession and the clients we work with.
We offer a rewarding career, community and team spirit and opportunities to develop technically and personally.
Find out more about us here.