Associate - Litigation
Date posted: 12/07/2021
Work type: Permanent
Role type: Associate
Associates provide AJ Park clients with outstanding client care. You help clients to navigate the best path to enforce their IP rights or assist them in dealing with any challenge by third parties involving IP rights.
As an associate you demonstrate a strong commitment to your ongoing professional development through high quality personal and professional performance in your specialist area.
Underpinned by the AJ Park values, you take a proactive interest in the wider interests of the firm, expanding your IP knowledge and participating in marketing and business development.
- Prepares opposition, revocation and Court pleadings/evidence
- Researches and prepares opinions
- Provides general advice with regards to IP matters
- Prepares and argues cases at IPONZ, IP Australia, or in Court
- Assists with Court litigation, including briefing of witnesses
- Prepares client correspondence and interacts with clients
- Meets financial targets – day book, WIP, debtors, billable and non-billable hours
- Manages client relationships
- Proactively lives the AJ Park values
- Participates in initiatives within the team across and the firm
- Provides guidance to junior and assistant team members
Marketing and business development
- Demonstrates an active interest in clients’ business and the macroeconomy
- Participates in marketing, networking and promoting AJ Park externally
- Writes articles on relevant topics
- Adheres to the AJ Park Quality Management Procedures
- Complies with conduct and client care standards of the legal profession
- Complies with AJ Park Health and Safety practices and procedures
- A strong commitment to internal and external relationships
- Maintains high quality personal standards and self-management
- Strong written and oral communication
- Attends in-house and off-site seminars
- Keeps up to date and shares knowledge of developments in the IP field
- Member of relevant professional organisations as appropriate
- Undertakes any other duties as reasonably required
About AJ Park
AJ Park is the IP firm of choice in New Zealand. We support our clients with ‘intelligent action’ and are well respected both within the patent attorney profession and by the clients we work with.
We offer a rewarding career, community and team spirit and opportunities to develop technically and personally.
Our people are talented, energetic and career-oriented. They come from a diverse range of backgrounds and disciplines including law, science and engineering. Our work environment is knowledge-based and we are committed to high standards of professionalism.
We are interested in intelligent, ambitious and enthusiastic people who want to work with the world's most innovative companies.
Visit www.ajpark.com/careers for more information.
Apply via the link below with a copy of your CV and covering letter.