Date posted: 2/09/2022
Work type: Full time
Role type: Permanent
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Financial Accountant, who can deliver the highest level of finance related services and contribute to the successful delivery of core operational and strategic objectives.
Reporting into the AJ Park Finance Manager, this role is part of the IPH Finance shared services team and is responsible for a broad range of financial activities including preparation of month end, statutory reporting requirements, journals, forecasting and assisting the company’s finance operations which directly support the day to day management of the business.
Demonstrated proficiency in various accounting principles and processes is a must, along with excellent communication skills, time management and strong attention to detail.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Assist with preparation of month-end close including journal preparation and processing, general ledger reconciliations, revaluations etc
- Assist with preparation of accurate and timely monthly management reporting requirements
- Assist with internal/external audit to provide relevant information to meet reporting obligations and other requirements in a timely manner
- Preparation of GST, RWT and FBT returns
- Assist with income tax return and statutory reporting obligations of the listed entity
- Backup for trust accounting
- Preparation of fortnightly and monthly payroll related journals and reconciliations
- Attend to WIP write offs, transfers and adjustments
- Assist with management of the national finance operations which directly support the day-to -day management of the business unit including accounts payable, credit cards and accounts receivable/credit control
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts to ensure adequacy to meet current and future business needs
- Ensure adherence to IPH Group policies and procedures
- Build strong relationships and partner with key stakeholders to ensure the timely and accurate reporting of progress towards key objectives are communicated effectively to internal customers
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as directed
Experience and Skills:
- Proficient in a broad range of accounting principles and operational processes across multiple disciplines including financial and performance reporting, budgeting, forecasting and business analysis and support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise
- Strong commitment to the provision of quality internal and external client service, striving to meet and exceed expectations and requirements of all stakeholders
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail
- Team player that is adaptable and can contribute to change and transformation projects
- Degree in accounting with CPA/CA qualification with over 2 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Advanced excel skills and experience with large ERP systems, previous knowledge of Inprotech and/or Microsoft D365 (finance systems) an advantage
- Professional services industry experience an advantage
What’s in it for you?
Being part of a dynamic and inclusive team where you will gain fantastic experience and career development. We are not your typical law firm – we dress for our day, have a flat structure and collegial vibe where bringing your whole self to work is at the heart of who we are. We offer competitive remuneration along with benefits as follows:
- Great salary package
- Medical insurance
- Paid parental leave of up to 18 weeks plus 3 weeks partner leave
- Leave purchase scheme (up to 2 weeks)
- 1 day paid birthday leave
- Structured wellness program, including a paid wellness benefit
- Hybrid working as standard
- Structured professional development programs
- Social club
- Fresh fruit delivered daily and weekly morning tea
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
Who are we?
AJ Park is the IP Firm of choice in New Zealand and is part of the IPH Group of companies. We support our clients with intelligent action and are well respected both within the patent and trade mark profession and the clients we work with.
We offer a rewarding career, an inclusive community and team spirit and opportunities to develop technically and personally.
If you would like to work in a supportive and friendly environment, take this opportunity to join our award-winning firm.