HR Business Partner
About AJ Park
AJ Park is New Zealand's largest intellectual property (IP) law firm. We help companies and individuals identify, develop, protect, commercialise, manage and enforce their IP rights in New Zealand, Australia and throughout the world. Our clients range from entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs, to government institutions, multinationals and major listed companies across 130 countries.
Working closely with the Australian-based Chief People Officer, Senior Human Resources Business Partner/Team Manager and key stakeholders within AJ Park, the HR Business Partner will be responsible for the end to end employee lifecycle and the provision of strategic and operational advice to support leaders and employees.
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of AJ Park through identifying, initiating and delivering solutions within a collaborative and high performing enterprise wide HR team.
In this fast paced and hands-on role, you will be responsible for overseeing a broad range of HR functions including:
- Partnering with the AJ Park’s leadership team to deliver the strategic business plan.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the Managing Director, Head of Operations and Practice Group Leaders to develop and implement AJ Park’s People Plan.
- Designing and facilitating the delivery of bespoke strategies to drive business performance and employee engagement.
- Supporting the development and delivery of enterprise wide people strategies nuanced to the New Zealand landscape.
- Advising on appropriate performance related reward solutions to embed a high-performance culture.
- Developing leadership capability; providing coaching and acting as an advocate for broader leadership development programs.
- Providing solution orientated advice and guidance on employee relations matters and HR policies and practices.
- Rolling out core people initiatives and processes including performance management, remuneration reviews, team development, rewards & recognition, and climate tools.
- Supporting the development and implementation of change strategies to realise business benefits and effectively embed change across AJ Park.
- Leading the AJ Park local HR team.
- Leading on enterprise wide projects from time to time that benefit AJ Park and the wider businesses within the Group.
This full-time role based in Auckland or Wellington, would ideally suit a highly motivated and positive team player with proven experience implementing strategic and operational HR plans and solutions as well as dealing with complex business and HR matters in a centralised professional services HR team.
Whilst this is a highly autonomous role, you will feel like a valued member of our supportive and friendly geographically spread HR team.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, we are seeking a HR Professional with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management or similar.
- Significant and proven HR partnering experience in a professional service environment.
- Sound knowledge of human resources current trends and practices; including, but not limited to, talent attraction, talent development, reward and recognition, succession planning, employment law and employee relations.
- Demonstrated commercial and business acumen in designing and influencing people investment.
- Experience in developing and delivering coaching and development activities through the employment lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience in building strong, productive and engaging relationships with key stakeholders at all levels (verbal and written).
- A proven ability to coach senior stakeholders through periods of complexity and change.
- The adaptability that’s needed for success in a changing environment and the capability to think strategically.
- Experience in implementing a HRIS system would be an advantage but is not essential.
What we Offer
AJ Park has an enviable reputation in the market and is a great place to work. We have a strong people-focused culture and have recently been named in NZ Lawyer's inaugural Employer of Choice 2020 report listing the 25 top-ranking legal organisations in New Zealand in terms of overall employee experience. This report celebrates employers who go beyond industry standards to provide their people with a safe and engaging working environment and showcases firms leading the way with policies and initiatives that engage their staff.
We were also awarded ‘Excellence’ in the ‘Legal Personnel Employer of Choice’ category of the New Zealand Law Awards 2020.
We have a comprehensive health and wellbeing programme that includes a wide range of social and health activities.
How to Apply
If you would like to work in a supportive environment that places a strong emphasis on work/life balance, career development and professional growth, take this opportunity to join our award-winning firm.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Shannon Cassin, Senior HR Business Partner & Team Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.ajpark.com/careers for more information.
Date posted: 02/03/2021
Date closing: 02/04/2021
Location: Auckland or Wellington
Work type: Full time
Role type: HR Business Partner