Patent Attorney – Life Sciences
Date posted: 22/12/2021
Work type: Full time, permanent
Role type: Patent Attorney
If you’re inspired by brilliant thinking, come and work with our team of IP experts at one of Australasia’s leading IP firms and help protect, build and grow some of the world’s most exciting ideas and innovations.
You will be at the forefront in helping clients to navigate the best path to protect, commercialise, enforce and defend their IP rights.
You will have exceptional communication skills, with the ability to think commercially and critically when providing advice for clients. You will exhibit a strong commitment to your own professional development and expanding your IP expertise.
- Assesses client invention proposals
- Advise on patentability and whether third party rights may be relevant
- Prepares, files and prosecutes patent applications in NZ, Australia and internationally
- Advising on infringement and validity
- Drafting patent specifications with a global focus
- Patent portfolio management
- Assistance with contentious matters
- Advises and guides on IP Strategy
- Proactively manages client relationships
- Provides leadership and coaching to junior and assistant team members
Marketing and business development
- Acts as an ambassador for the firm, actively driving business development and building the AJ Park profile.
- Authors articles on relevant topics, presents at relevant industry events where required
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Registered Trans-Tasman, UK, EP and/or US patent attorney
- 0-10+ years post-qualification experience
- Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate degree in Chemistry or Biotechnology
- Patent opposition or litigation experience desirable, but not essential.
- A high level of skill in writing against prior art
- Exceptional organisational skills including an ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet competing deadlines
What’s in it for you?
- Great salary package
- Competitive incentive scheme
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing support programme
- Wellness benefit
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working
- Social club
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
- Central city location
You will have the opportunity to work across different levels in the organisation and make an impact with the work you will be doing. You will have exposure to some fascinating subject matter created by some brilliant and creative minds in many of New Zealand’s top companies, Crown Research Institutes and universities.
If you’re looking for an interesting opportunity that offers growth and development and has a great culture, then this is the role for you.
Who are we?
AJ Park is the IP Firm of choice in New Zealand. We support our clients with intelligent action and are well respected both within the patent profession and the clients we work with.
We offer a rewarding career, community and team spirit and opportunities to develop technically and personally.
Check us out here.