Senior Associate - Trade Marks
Date posted: 12/07/2021
Work type: Permanent
Role type: Senior Associate
Senior associates provide AJ Park clients with outstanding client care. You help clients to navigate the best path to protect, commercialise, enforce and defend their IP rights.
You lead clients through the required processes and provide expert legal advice on the availability, usage, protection and enforcement of trade marks, copyright and domain names.
As a senior associate, you are a well-respected practitioner in your technical field and exhibit a strong commitment to your own professional development and the mentoring and development of junior team members.
You champion the AJ Park values and demonstrate strong leadership qualities within your team and across the firm, participate in marketing and business development and contribute to firm-wide initiatives.
- Manages client portfolios
- Registers and protects trade marks across all jurisdictions where the trade mark is used
- Conducts and prepares trade mark availability search reports
- Files and prosecutes trade mark applications
- Undertakes watching search services
- Provides domain name services
- Manages opposition proceedings in conjunction with the litigation team
- Recordal of assignments, licences, change of name and similar changes
- Provides advice on and prepares licences and other agreements in conjunction with the commercial team
- Provides general legal advice and expertise on licensing and copyright
- Meets financial targets – day book, WIP, debtors, billable and non-billable hours
- Leads client relationships
- Champions the AJ Park values
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Participates in initiatives within the team and across the firm
- Mentors and develops junior team members including work delegation; may have primary responsibility for training junior team members
Marketing and Business development
- Keeps current with clients’ business interests and the macroeconomy
- Drives marketing, networking and promoting AJ Park externally; may be requested to travel internationally
- Identifies/develops new or enhances existing business/product/service relationships/opportunities
- Adheres to the AJ Park Quality Management Procedures
- Complies with conduct and client care standards of the legal profession
- Complies with AJ Park Health and Safety practices and procedures
- A strong commitment to internal and external relationships
- High quality personal standards and self-management
- Excellence in written and oral communication
- Leads in-house and off-site seminars
- Keeps up to date and shares knowledge of developments in the IP field
- Member of relevant professional organisations
- Undertakes any other duties as reasonably required
About AJ Park
AJ Park is the IP firm of choice in New Zealand. We support our clients with ‘intelligent action’ and are well respected both within the patent attorney profession and by the clients we work with.
We offer a rewarding career, community and team spirit and opportunities to develop technically and personally.
Our people are talented, energetic and career-oriented. They come from a diverse range of backgrounds and disciplines including law, science and engineering. Our work environment is knowledge-based and we are committed to high standards of professionalism.
We are interested in intelligent, ambitious and enthusiastic people who want to work with the world's most innovative companies.
Visit www.ajpark.com/careers for more information.
Apply via the link below with a copy of your CV and covering letter.