Solicitor - Litigation
Date posted: 25/08/2022
Work type: Full time
We are seeking a motivated and experienced solicitor with 2+ years PQE to join the litigation practice at AJ Park in our beautiful new offices in Auckland.
Our litigation solicitors work as a part of a team to help clients to navigate the best path to enforce their intellectual property (IP) rights or assist them in dealing with any challenge by third parties involving IP rights.
You will have exceptional communication skills, with the ability to think commercially and critically when providing advice for clients. You will exhibit a strong commitment to your own professional development and expanding your IP expertise.
- Assists in preparing opposition, revocation and Court pleadings/evidence
- Researches and prepares opinions
- Provides general advice with regards to IP matters
- Assists in preparing and arguing cases at IPONZ, IP Australia, or in Court
- Assists in Court litigation, including briefing of witnesses
- Prepares client correspondence and interacts with clients
- Meets financial targets – day book, WIP, debtors, billable and non-billable hours
- Proactively manages client relationships
- Provides guidance and support to junior and assistant team members
Marketing and business development
- Acts as an ambassador for the firm, contributing to business development and building the AJ Park profile.
- Authors articles on relevant topics, presents at relevant industry events where required
What’s in it for you?
Being part of a dynamic and inclusive team where you will gain fantastic experience and career development. We are not your typical law firm – we dress for our day, have a flat structure and collegial vibe where bringing your whole self to work is at the heart of who we are. We offer competitive remuneration along with benefits as follows:
- Great salary package
- Medical insurance
- Paid parental leave of up to 18 weeks plus 3 weeks partner leave
- Leave purchase scheme (up to 2 weeks)
- Structured wellness programme, including a paid Wellness Benefit
- Flexible working, with hybrid working as standard
- Structured professional development programmes
- Social club
- Fresh fruit delivered daily and weekly morning tea
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
Who are we?
AJ Park is the IP Firm of choice in New Zealand and is part of the IPH Group of companies. We support our clients with intelligent action and are well respected both within the patent and trade mark profession and the clients we work with.
We offer a rewarding career, an inclusive community and team spirit and opportunities to develop technically and personally.