Douglas is a Consultant (Principal) at AJ Park and is currently working abroad. He brings a wealth of experience working in the UK market, specialising in engineering and technology patents.
Douglas has over 16 years of intellectual property (IP) experience working in private practice in Europe. He has directly worked with clients managing their global patent portfolios in engineering technologies. His experience primarily includes technical disciplines such as computer implemented inventions and software, systems and controls, communication, medical devices, automotive, additive manufacture and energy.
He has significant experience working with clients to build and support their IP strategy and processes in relation to IP acquisition (e.g. capture and qualification), risk management (e.g. FTOs), commercialisation (e.g. licensing, M&As).
Douglas has appeared in the EPO in opposition and appeal hearings, and hearings at the UKIPO.
- PhD, Power Engineering, Loughborough University
- BEng Joint Hons, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, University of Strathclyde
- UK Patent Attorney Litigator (2012)
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney (2009)
- European Patent Attorney (2009)