Litigation & alternative dispute resolution
Our skilled litigation team is one of the few in Australasia that has the legal and technical qualifications to fully understand your IP dispute.
If you find yourself involved in an IP dispute or want to enforce your IP rights, we can help you to decide whether the dispute resolution or litigation process is right for you.
Dispute resolution is a process where we work with you to resolve a dispute without going to court. It involves negotiation with a view to reaching a settlement and is often more cost effective than litigation.
Litigation is the process of taking legal action in a court, tribunal or other authority to resolve your IP dispute or enforce your IP rights.
Our specialist team works across New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific region.
When would I consider dispute resolution or litigation?
You might consider calling on AJ Park’s expertise to resolve your dispute if:
- You have not contacted the other business about their activities
- You would like to maintain a relationship with the business you are in dispute with, or
- You would like to explore an amicable solution before taking a dispute to court.
You may want to think about taking court action if:
- You have not been able to resolve your IP dispute with another business
- Another business has breached a settlement with you
- You want to protect your IP rights, or
- You want to enforce your IP rights.
How can AJ Park help me?
Our litigation team is skilled in handling disputes on all kinds of IP including patents, trade marks, copyright, registered designs and plant variety rights.
We are experienced in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of a legal position and negotiating quality, commercially sound outcomes for some of the best local and global companies. We have been involved in many high profile cases where decisions have set important precedents for IP law locally and around the world.
We can take you through the entire process of dispute resolution or litigation including:
- Assessing your legal position
- Advising on your dispute resolution or litigation options
- Creating a strategy to resolve your IP dispute
- Negotiating a settlement
- Mediating your dispute, and
- Managing court action from start to finish.
Talk to us if you would like to find out more about how our team can work with you to resolve, protect or enforce your IP rights in New Zealand, Australia, or the Pacific.
If you need plain English advice on IP dispute or you want to enforce your IP rights, get in touch with one of our experts below.
Question about this service?
Just fill in the form below and we'll get right back to you.Get in touch
Key contacts for this serviceView all related experts
Need help deciding what service is right for you?
Use our innovative Discover IP tool to help guide you to the right service.Get Started
Get in touch
To get in touch with us, simply fill in the form below and we'll get right back to you.