An IP strategy allows you to understand, manage and capitalise on the IP in your organisation. It can also help you win more market share, secure higher prices or ensure lower costs than your competitors. A clear strategy also answers the day-to-day questions most organisations face around what to do about IP.
Our Virtual IP Strategist service is designed to provide access to regular advice, reporting and guidance on IP strategy. This service is ideal if you are in a phase of growth, view IP as critical to your competitive advantage, and want the comfort of knowing you can access sound strategic IP advice when required.
This service is provided for an annual fee paid in monthly installments.
The benefits of using our Virtual IP Strategist service include:
- the mitigated risk of quick or ill-considered decisions
- assurance for boards that business strategy is being implemented
- budgeting certainty and a lower hourly fee due to the fact that this is a bundled service
- AJ Park knowing your business well which enables us to provide deeply relevant advice.
This service excludes fees for:
- patent or trade mark searching
- patent or trade mark fling
- drafting and reviewing agreements.
How can AJ Park help me?
Our Virtual IP Strategist service includes:
- on call, ad hoc advice on IP strategy
- a fixed level of commercial legal advice per month
- access to free standard templates such as non-disclosure agreements
- quarterly in-person reviews of progress
- quarterly dashboard reviews of progress perfect for board reports
- patenting and branding strategy and other related advice
- discounted top-up hourly fees when required.
You will benefit from a multi-disciplinary team who understands the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ of IP strategy.
Depending on the nature of your business and requirements, we pair members of our commercial and strategy team with appropriate technology and industry experts to deliver robust IP strategies that align with your business goals.
Mark Hargreaves leads AJ Park’s Virtual IP Strategist service. Recognising his expertise in IP strategy and commercialisation, Mark has been named in the 2016 Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Strategy 300, which ranks the top 300 IP strategy practitioners in the world.
Our industry specialists can add value to how strategies are implemented. They understand the technology and the landscape as well as understanding how to manage IP systems within that industry. They help give you both reality checks and creative ideas for how to implement your strategies.
Our talent pool covers every major technology area, and we can quickly form qualified teams of technology and industry experts to work with you regardless of the industry you operate in, or the stage of your business.
If you need plain English advice on your IP strategy, get in touch with one of our experts below.