Anton has worked in the IP field since 1997 and joined AJ Park in 1999. He heads the Auckland office's life sciences patent practice, where he works with a group of patent attorneys with strong technical and legal skills. Anton is focussed on delivering practical, commercially relevant advice to clients.
Anton's work includes:
- preparing and managing patent portfolios to implement defensive and offensive strategies
- assessing patent infringement and validity issues
- IP audits and assisting companies to develop and implement a corporate IP strategy
- providing general business advice in relation to patent strategy and portfolio management
- advising on intellectual property due diligence to support investment decisions.
Anton's clients include:
- start-up companies
- food technology companies
- life science companies
- research institutes.
In 2017, Anton was:
- named by the World Intellectual Property Review as a leading IP practitioner in the WIPR Leaders publication
- listed as one of the world's leading patent professionals in the IAM Patent 1000 index based on peer and client reviews, and is 'hailed for his business-minded counsel and savvy portfolio management skills'
- named among the top IP strategists in the world by IAM Strategy 300
- selected by his peers for inclusion in the Ninth Edition of The Best Lawyers in New Zealand in the practice area of Intellectual Property Law, 2018 edition
- ranked as a leading patent lawyer in Expert Guides
- nominated as a leading lawyer in patents in the 2017 edition of Asia IP Experts.
The variety of products and technologies that can be derived from trees is mindboggling. New Zealand Crown Research Institute Scion is investigating exciting ways to obtain maximum value from this sustainable resource.