Katie joined AJ Park in 2014 as an assistant in the renewals team. During her time with the firm, she has developed a deep knowledge of intellectual property (IP) maintenance requirements across a wide range of jurisdictions.
She is currently a paralegal in the Wellington trade mark team, which allows her to see what goes into getting a trade mark registered. Katie's key responsibilities include:
- preparing, filing, and managing trade mark applications globally, including in New Zealand, Australia and other Pacific Island territories
- preparing, filing, and managing the recordal of trade mark assignments and changes of names or addresses globally, including in New Zealand, Australia and other Pacific Island territories
- reviewing examination reports and advising clients of their options for overcoming objections, and file submissions
- providing watching search services
- managing clients’ budgets and invoices
- monitoring trade mark deadlines
- handling the filing or renewal of New Zealand customs notices.
Outside of the office Katie enjoys being active – on the golf course and practicing acrobatic tricks.