Katie joined AJ Park in 2014 as an assistant in the renewals team. During her time with the firm, she has developed a deep knowledge of intellectual property (IP) maintenance requirements across a wide range of jurisdictions.
She is currently a paralegal in the Wellington trade mark team, which allows her to see what goes into getting a trade mark registered. Katie's key responsibilities include:
- preparing, filing, and managing trade mark applications globally, including in New Zealand, Australia and other Pacific Island territories
- preparing, filing, and managing the recordal of trade mark assignments and changes of names or addresses globally, including in New Zealand, Australia and other Pacific Island territories
- reviewing examination reports and advising clients of their options for overcoming objections, and file submissions
- providing watching search services
- managing clients’ budgets and invoices
- monitoring trade mark deadlines
- handling the filing or renewal of New Zealand customs notices.
Outside of the office Katie enjoys being active – on the golf course and practicing acrobatic tricks.
Katie Lee's insights
News \ 22 Feb 2023
Meet Katie Lee, Trade Mark Paralegal
When Katie joined the AJ Park renewals team in 2014, she found her love for intellectual property. For over eight years, Katie has been a key pillar of the team handling the New Zealand and Australia trade mark and all Plant Variety Right (PVR) renewals.