Anton has worked in the IP field since 1997, and joined AJ Park in 1999. He works in the Auckland office's life sciences patent practice, where he is focused on delivering practical, commercially relevant advice to clients.
Highly regarded as an IP strategist in the life sciences and biotech space, Anton has worked with New Zealand’s leading crown research institutes and the largest corporate, Fonterra.
Anton's practice involves a variety of technologies and patent law issues focused on:
- protein therapeutics
- small molecule therapeutics
- medical foods
- molecular biology tools
- diagnostic tools
- clean technology
- chemical processing
- food technology
- food chemistry
- dairy technology
- packaging technology
- biological pest control.
Anton's work includes:
- advising on IP strategy and commercialisation
- preparing and managing patent portfolios to implement defensive and offensive strategies
- assessing patent infringement and validity issues
- IP audits and assisting companies to develop and implement a corporate IP strategy
- providing general business advice in relation to patent strategy and portfolio management
- advising on intellectual property due diligence to support investment decisions.
Anton works with a wide range of clients in life sciences and biotechnology, including start-ups, universities, research institutes, corporates, and small to medium businesses.
Anton has been named in the IAM Strategy 300 as a world-leading IP strategist every year for the past four years.
Anton’s recent industry accolades include being:
- ranked as a 'notable practitioner' in Managin IP's IP STARS for 2023.
- highlighted in the IAM Patent 1000 2019 as "an extremely adroit portfolio manager and enforcer of patents".
- ranked as a patent star in Managing Intellectual Property’s 2019 IP Stars list of leading IP practitioners in New Zealand.
- selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best LawyersTM in New Zealand 2020 in the field of IP law.
- listed as a ‘leading individual’ in The Legal 500’s 2019 Asia Pacific guide.
- recognised by his peers as being amongst the world’s best and brightest IP practitioners in the WIPR Leaders 2019 handbook.
- IAM Strategy 300 winner for 2021.
- named a Global Leader in the IAM Strategy 300 guide for 2022.
- noted as a recommended individual in IAM Patent 1000 for 2023.
- BSc (First Class Hons) (Biochem), Victoria University of Wellington (1996)
- LLB, Victoria University of Wellington (2002)
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)
- Admitted as a Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand