Nicole began her legal career in 2006 working as a secretary for a prominent intellectual property firm within New Zealand, shifting to AJ Park in 2012 as an assistant. Nicole completed her legal executive diploma in 2020 and in 2021 was promoted to the role of paralegal.
Nicole is a paralegal working in AJ Park’s Wellington trade mark team.
As a paralegal, Nicole has a comprehensive understanding of AJ Park's clients' organisational structures and IP requirements.
Nicole’s key responsibilities include:
- preparing and filing trade mark applications in New Zealand, Australia and other Pacific Island territories
- preparing and filing the recordal of trade mark assignments and changes of names in New Zealand, Australia and other Pacific Island territories
- Reviews examination reports, advises clients of their options for overcoming objections, and files submissions
- providing watching search services
- managing clients’ budgets and invoices
- monitoring trade mark deadlines
- handling the filing or renewal of New Zealand customs notices