AJ Park Law Limited, Auckland
Anton heads the Auckland office's life sciences patent practice.
Anton has worked in the intellectual property (IP) field since 1997 and joined AJ Park in 1999. He heads the Auckland office's life sciences patent practice, where he works with a group of patent attorneys with strong technical and legal skills. Anton is focused on delivering practical, commercially relevant advice to clients.
Anton's work includes:
- preparing and managing patent portfolios to implement defensive and offensive strategies
- assessing patent infringement and validity issues
- IP audits and assisting companies to develop and implement a corporate IP strategy
- providing general business advice in relation to patent strategy and portfolio management
- advising on IP due diligence to support investment decisions.
Anton's clients include:
- start-up companies
- food technology companies
- life science companies
- research institutes.
- Anton was listed in the IP Stars list of leading IP practitioners in New Zealand in 2019 IP Stars.
- Anton was highlighted in the IAM Patent 1000 2019 as 'an extremely adroit portfolio manager and enforcer of patents'.
- In addition to Anton's inclusion in the IAM Patent 1000 2019, he was also named in the IAM Strategy 300 2019 as a world-leading IP strategist.
- Anton was ranked as a patent star in New Zealand in Managing IP's IP Stars 2019.
- Anton was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best LawyersTM in New Zealand 2020 in the field of IP law.
- Anton was recognised by his peers as being amongst the world’s best and brightest IP practitioners in the WIPR Leaders 2019 handbook.
- Anton was listed in The Legal 500's 2019 elite 'leading individuals' list.
- BSc (Hons 1st class)(Biochem), Victoria University of Wellington (1996)
- LLB, Victoria University of Wellington (2002)
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)
- Admitted as a Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand