AJ Park IP Limited, Auckland
Chris specialises in mechanical, electrical and electronics patents and registered designs.
Chris qualified as a UK and European patent attorney in London before moving to New Zealand in 2006, and requalifying in New Zealand and Australia.
Chris has a broad range of technical expertise, with considerable practice in telecommunications, packaging and medical device related fields.
In addition to drafting specifications and progressing applications through to grant, he is experienced in commercialisation and dispute resolution, assisting in licensing strategising and negotiations, as well as more contentious matters. Chris provides infringement and validity advice and has a strong opposition practice, both locally and overseas, where he is able to draw on his European experience.
Chris also handles design applications and advises on copyright, particularly in New Zealand where copyright extends to cover industrial designs.
An experienced mountaineer and an amateur golfer, when not at the office Chris can usually be found walking the fairway or scaling the alps.
Chris’s recent industry accolades include being:
- BE (Hons) (Manufacturing Systems), University of Bath, United Kingdom (1997)
- MSc (Management of Intellectual Property), Queen Mary College, University of London (1998)
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand & Australia)
- European Patent Attorney (no longer current due to residency requirements)
- European Trade Mark and Designs Attorney
- Registered and Chartered Patent Attorney (United Kingdom)