Dr David Simunic
AJ Park Law Limited, Auckland
David provides strategic advice on intellectual property (IP) portfolios including patents, designs, and copyright.
David specialises in the protection of IP and providing strategic advice on IP portfolios including patents, designs, and copyright.
David is experienced in international patent law, particularly in the United States and Europe.
David regularly advises some of New Zealand's largest and best known manufacturing exporters as well as start-up ventures and individuals. He has helped a number of large New Zealand companies secure and manage significant international patent portfolios.
David has a good understanding of engineering and can quickly grasp what we're doing, compare it to what exists in the market already, and clearly articulate what he's found and where our ideas fit. A significant amount of science and validation is required to meet food industry standards, so the know-how we've developed is incredibly valuable. Patents are important, but secrecy is just as crucial. AJ Park has provided input on the contracts and non-disclosure agreements we have with our customers and suppliers.
- Bruce Yelverton, Head of Strategy and Special Projects at Fresh Appeal
- BE (Mech), University of Auckland (1998)
- PhD (Mech), University of Auckland (2005)
- LLB, University of Auckland (2008)
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)
- Admitted as a Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand