Date posted: 22/07/2022
Work type: Permanent, full time
Role type: Assistant
We’re on the lookout for a methodical and detail-oriented Renewals Assistant to provide quality renewals support to AJ Park’s internal and external clients.
This role works across the renewals lifecycle, managing data across all aspects of Intellectual Property.
- Receiving instructions, renewing, reporting and invoicing clients
- Preparing and sending patent, design and trade mark reminders
- Handling client updates and responses
- Sending official patent lapse notifications
- Processing overseas renewal certificates
- Assisting with Pacific Island renewal matters
- Assisting the team with general renewal tasks
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in desktop applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel, with the ability to learn and navigate new systems
- Exceptional organisational skills including an ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet competing deadlines
- The ability to think on your feet and anticipate next steps
- The ability to take initiative and accountability
- The ability to work autonomously
- A team player attitude
What’s in it for you?
Being part of a dynamic and inclusive team where you will gain fantastic experience and career development. We are not your typical law firm – we dress for our day, have a flat structure and collegial vibe where bringing your whole self to work is at the heart of who we are. We offer competitive remuneration along with benefits as follows:
- Great salary package
- Medical insurance
- Paid parental leave of up to 18 weeks plus 3 weeks partner leave
- Leave purchase scheme (up to 2 weeks)
- 1 day paid birthday leave
- Structured wellness programme, including a paid Wellness Benefit
- Hybrid working as standard
- Structured professional development programmes
- Social club
- Fresh fruit delivered daily and weekly morning tea
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
Who are we?
AJ Park is the IP Firm of choice in New Zealand. We support our clients with intelligent action and are well respected both within the patent and trade mark profession and the clients we work with. We offer a rewarding career, an inclusive community and team spirit and opportunities to develop technically and personally.
If you would like to work in a supportive and friendly environment, take this opportunity to join our award-winning firm.