AJ Park IP LImited, Auckland
Greg is a patent specialist based in our Auckland office.
- strategic intellectual property advice in relation to technology and product design
- patentability assessments and advice on strategy
- advice on the use of confidentiality and licensing for the protection of new technology
- freedom to commercialise assessments internationally
- patent and design searching in New Zealand and internationally
- design registration and copyright
- strategic advice in relation to intellectual property enforcement and defence
- advice on intellectual property ownership issues and structures
- intellectual property preparation of technology start-ups for investment
- intellectual property due diligence for investors and in relation to proposed acquisitions
- IP audits and assists companies to develop and implement a corporate IP strategy.
AJ Park helped us with wider strategies... and took much of the burden of developing initial patent specifications and managing our IP 'briefcase' away from the engineers and technical managers, who were focusing on product development.- Philip Rae, Hamilton Jet
Greg's clients include:
- Schneider Electric
- Whisper Tech
- Tait Electronics
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
- General Cable
- Navico, Navman Wireless
- Rakon, Callaghan Innovation
- Sealed Air
- Hamilton Jet
- Scion, Kohler
- University of Canterbury
- University of Auckland.
Greg was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best LawyersTM in New Zealand 2019 in the field of intellectual property law.
Greg was highlighted in IAM Patent 1000 2018 as a guiding light for manufacturing companies.
In 2018, Greg was ranked as a patent star in New Zealand in Managing IP Stars.
Greg was listed as a 'leading lawyer' in the 2018 Asialaw Profiles.
Greg is a regular speaker on intellectual property and intellectual property management and strategy. He is a past president of the New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys.
In 2017, Greg was mentioned in IAM Patent 1000 index which recognised Greg's piercing insight into the market and strategic advice being highly sort after.
In 2017, Greg was ranked as a leading patent lawyer in Expert Guides.
In 2015, Greg was listed as one of the world's leading patent professionals in the
IAM Patent 1000 index, based on peer and client reviews, and is quoted as having 'an instinctive understanding of which assets will have the most strategic long-term value'.
In 2013, Greg was selected by peers for inclusion in the Fifth Edition of Best Lawyers in New Zealand, in the practice area of intellectual property.
In 2011, Greg was one of only two New Zealand intellectual property practitioners nominated as best of the year for intellectual property in New Zealand, by the US guide Best Lawyers, based on peer-review surveys.
Greg is an Australian Government appointed member of the Professional Standards Board for Patent Attorneys which is responsible for administration of the requirements for qualification as a patent attorney and discipline of the profession in Australia.